Thursday, June 23, 2011

Why am fone?

The worst thing about life after you turn 18 is probably owning a (cell) phone. The flow of people trying to sell you shit never fucking stops.

No, I take that back. You can make it worse.

You can become an entrepreneur, and double the amount of shit people try selling you over the phone.

Ads online, on the street, in hockey matches (what?), underwear, socks, makeup, magazines, "health" products, you name it. Is there anything you can buy at the store anymore without someone telling you how awesome it is?

Oh, yes there is, but remember to bring your ID with you, because you probably don't look old enough to buy that carton of milk. However, if you decide to save time and shove your ID in the clerk's face, they're not going to want to see it.

The fact that anyone is looking forward to this baffles me. And every time I answer the phone, I wish I hadn't.

No comments: