Sunday, December 6, 2009

I was at the library wearing a toga, looking for a book and a couple stopped me. We sat down at one of the tables in the kids books section and they tried to get me interested in working for the congregation. I listened, the man stood up and walked to the window as he kept talking about all the endless possibilities of what I could do. I wanted to laugh and mock him, but instead I sat silently waiting for him to finish.

He sat back down, I looked at him and said there was no fucking way I would ever work for them. He asked why, looking shocked as if everyone he'd ever given this speech to had said yes and there was no other way. I explained how much I despise religion and probably put extra effort into trying to offend him on the side.

I stood up and walked to the library restrooms, took off my toga and started painting my hands and arms with a thick layer of black nailpolish. I then proceeded to cover back up in the big pink cloth I had used as a toga.

1 comment:

SW said...

beautiful, brave dreamer